Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Step Back

Morning Coffee












This was the massive coffee I tried to conquer this morning- I told you it was big!


Lunch
I broke into lunch at around 12:30.














This was lunch that I had packed the day before but never got to. My lunch consisted of about 3/4 cup of Pacific Curried Red Lentil Soup and about 2 cups of broccoli. I had this soup in the pantry and decided to give it a try. I found it flavorful, but for 140 calories per cup, it's not very substantial and there weren't too many lentils in it. It was still good and hit the spot!

About 2 hours later I got hungry again and ate a banana and a Nature Valley Oats bar to hold me over. I am guessing that my lunch was not substantial enough despite the full tummy from the broccoli and soup- next time I will know better!


Pre-workout Snack
By the time I got back from work on my 90 minute commute, I knew I needed a snack before I could get to the gym. I walked into Target and grabbed some Sharkies Kids Sports Chews in the sour flavor. Here is their description from the website:

"Sharkies are packed with real fruit juice, vitamins, and are entirely free of fructose, gluten, nuts, dyes and GMO's. . . . all the good stuff without any of the bad."

http://www.sharkiesinc.com/kids.cfm

They were pretty good and definitely gave me the boost I needed. Although there were 26 grams of sugar, they tasted natural and more like marmalade slices than artificial gummy bears. Though they were a fun treat for 140 calories, they did nothing to hold me over until dinner.

Workout
My workout today consisted of 30 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes on the stairmill while reading Women's Health Magazine. It wasn't exactly one of those workouts that moves along quickly, but it got the job done since I was sweating and had shaky legs by the time I was done!

Dinner









Dinner was 2 slices of protein bread broiled with 1/2 slice mozzarella and a tomato slice on one and roasted peppers on the other. This turned into a 'cajun style' meal as I left the bread in a little longer than planned! Good thing I like my toast crispy!









I also had some tomato and basil hummus with some baby carrots and shortly after eating realized that I needed a dessert.









I had a little yogurt mess with 1/2 serving of blueberry yogurt, 1/3 banana, 1 tbsp high fiber cereal, and a crumbled peanut butter z-bar! I concluded with some ff hot chocolate to fill up my stomach. After this I made my lunch for tomorrow, made boy's lunch, took out some meat to defrost for tomorrow, and finished blogging.

I'm starting to realize how much work this is and today was my first day of shooting almost all my meals- so far so good!


See you all tomorrow for my first day of school!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum your food looks great, especially the mozz toast with roasted pepper, and tomoto!