Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Technical Difficulties

I think technical difficulties will be the theme of my day.
I got in my car this morning and realized that I needed to get gas and some tickets for my train at the grocery store- no problem as it was only 6:30 and I was running early. I stopped in to get some things for my two long days with work and school and promptly figured out that I had left my camera at home.

Here is what I picked up at the store to keep myself fueled:

  • Turkey slices
  • Mushrooms (random, but only $1 for the package)
  • Vanilla Chai tea
  • Chocolate Southbeach Diet bars (not my thing, but they had 10 grams of protein for only 140 cals so thought they were a good back-up)
  • A box of beautiful strawberries on sale

I also got a grande nonfat latte for my ride on the train, but of course no picture!

At about 11:00, the lights in our office began to flicker and we lost all power yet again! How frustrating! I worked off my laptop battery for an hour and then had to walk to catch my train home to get internet access. It's crazy how dependent we have become on the Internet- but I seriously could not do a single thing without access!

New Dishes

My brother's friend was kind enough to give me some new dishes. He's one of those random guys who knows a lot of people and gave me some dishes from a sushi restaurant that was closing! I couldn't resist and had to share:
















Aren't they cute? I decided that I would use one of the bowls I got for my afternoon snack- Chocolate Cranberry Citrus Yogurt!















This yogurt is nothing special, but tasted really good. Here is how I made my snack:


  • 6 oz fat free vanilla yogurt
  • 1 tbsp Nestle hot chocolate mix (the chocolate component)
  • 1 tbsp dried Orange Cranberries
  • ~1/4 cup TJ's high fiber cereal

Here is is pre-mixing:















And a lot less pretty afterwards!


















I have my very first class of the quarter tonight from 7-10. I am going to see how long these technical difficulties last as it is very hard to do anything without proper access to our server- an impromptu workout may be in store with my newly acquired free time!
Though it is sunny now, I am off to make some tea or hot chocolate.
Have a great afternoon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just found your blog! Cute dishes and great snack! Yum!