Thursday, January 15, 2009

Time goes by so slowly....


Here is a re-cap of another busy, busy day!

Snack
Today I tried one of the Chocolate South Beach Diet Bars. With 140 cals and 10 grams of protein, it was not bad nutrition-wise, until I read the list of ingredients. There were many, many things that I will never be able to pronounce despite my linguistic skills! However, it tasted kinda like a chocolate rice krispies treat, so I will finish the box eventually.

Lunch
I was hungry about 1.5 hours later and had some leftovers. Please disregard the strange angle here- I was walking and taking the picture. I had a piece of grilled chicken, some fresh mushrooms dipped in 1 tbsp of cracked pepper hummus, 1/2 of a tomato, some mixed greens with pine nuts and dried cranberries, and some black beans. The actual plate was HUGE, so it wasn't a great deal of food but did the trick.




















For dessert I had a few strawberries- delicious and slightly crunchy without any mush- just how I like them! They were very flavorful for the middle of winter! I had 4 of them. I also had a couple of cashews and a few pieces of chocolate covered cranberries- or at least that's what I think they were.



















Food Fairy
My friend sent me a box of single serving trailmix today! It was the perfect snack at 4:00 p.m. Sweet, crunchy, and chewy. Though the mix is dense, it's perfect for a big snack. Thanks Lacey!
















Tonight is another school night and I am just finishing up and waiting for my ride! Dinner consisted of a black bean, chicken, and salsa burrito purchased for me by my wonderful guy. Have a great night!



No comments: