Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Breakfast Times Two

This morning I drove to the train and stopped to grab breakfast and lunch for the day. I picked up an Optimum Energy Bar in Blueberry from Nature's Path for my long, long ride to the magical place I call work. This bar had 200 cals, 5 grams of fiber, and about 5 grams of protein. All of the ingredients were recognizable, although the list is quite long. When you open the bar, you are greeted with icing- a welcome addition to any breakfast! The bar is chewy and not at all sticky. You can taste the grains and the blueberry chunks. I would definitely recommend it. There are 20 grams of sugar and 38 carbs, but it seems like everything comes from natural sources. This baby kept me full for about 2.5 hours.
Nature's Path Bar with Shape Magazine
And frosting
When hunger struck again, I had breakfast- Part 2. This time I had a nonfat plain yogurt with trailmix on top. After I finished this, I dug into the remainder of the trailmix single serve pack. I have no self control with trailmix- the only thing that stops me is the end of the pack. Now I'm full and happy and working away until I can take my break- I am predicting a nice walk in my near future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy breakfasts!! Hope you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the bar review!
I have a serious weakness for trail mix too - and unfortunately the bags I have at home aren't single serving sized :/