Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Three Snacks do Not Equal Dinner

This afternoon I promised I would post my snacks- well that didn't happen. I often have a hard time deciding on how much food to bring and when to eat it since I spend traditional dinner time in school twice a week. Afternoon snacks included the following:

  • 4:00 p.m. - A serving of baked tofu, a serving of peanuts (I know strange combo)
  • 6:30 p.m. - A Granny Smith Apple, a low glycemic cookie (from my mom), and a handful of goldfish
  • 9:00 p.m. - 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a homemade mini muffing
What I learned is that I should just bite the bullet and pack dinner for each of these days. I can either eat at 5:00 p.m. on my commute, or at 6:30 right before class. I guess I will have to see what works as we go along.


In an effort to plan, I decided to make lunch/dinner for tomorrow. We had a bunch of food that is on its last legs, so I made a super salad. Please disregard the lovely tupperware.










Here are the ingredients- again, I was cleaning the fridge/using what I cooked for Mike's dinner, so no recipe here, obviously!
  • ~2 cups Broccoli slaw (it's in there)
  • Roasted brussel sprouts
  • 2 tbsp corn
  • 1 serving of baked tofu
  • 2 baby mandarins almost ready to be chucked
  • 1/4 cup Cous Cous
I think I got everything here. I plan on adding in some celery waiting for me in my work fridge and bringing some more baked tofu to add so that I can split this into two meals. I'm not much of a dressing person, but I'll let you know what I use.

Well, I'm off to catch some sleep (watch TV till I pass out).

1 comment:

Fitnessista said...

the salad looks delicious!
i'm getting my mba too :D
have a great day!