Him: Why are you all upset?
Me: Because tomorrow is Monday
Him: Think of it this way- imagine that you are in a fight and somebody is about to punch you in the stomach. Now press 'Pause.' You know that somebody will hit you inevitably, so you can either focus on the moment of anticipation, or just go with it, get it over with, and deal with the pain.
Me: Fine. I'll stop moping
So here I am. I had a great weekend and Monday will happen either way, so let's just go with it.
Now back to the title.
- This weekend, I consumed 6 cookies and they were frieken fantabulous.
- We also went on a couple of walks this weekend and enjoyed the early spring weather. Check out the geese I shared my walk with.
- I also tried my first green monster smoothies (not one, but two!). I can't say I am in love with them, but they are pretty awesome. I am running out of almond milk, so I'll improvise, but they do the trick and I'll keep having them.
- We went out to a local bar on Saturday night. I kept it sober, which is not hard at all and hung out with some close friends.
- On Friday night, Mike and I had a great workout. First I ran 2.8 miles and then we lifted chest and tris 'boy style' while we pondered the probability of Friday the 13th. It's complicated stuff.
Me and my New Friends
Some Best Friends
One Healthy Apple
I think last week I decided to quit multiple desserts, caffeine, and a few other things. I have learned a few things since then:
- I don't need coffee every day to make me happy or awake. I had my weekly coffee at Starbucks this weekend and it was glorious! I will continue to drink tea instead of coffee during the week.
- I tried a Green Monster and LIKED it. I'm crazy like that and actually thought it tasted good, so I will continue to incorporate them as carrot sticks can get really boring.
- Dessert- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sugar. This weekend I ate a couple of cookies a day and didn't regret it at all. It is what it is- I didn't have a Big Mac, I had a few cookies. I also walked and ran around and used that energy. Most of all, I enjoyed them. I don't think I am meant to live a life without sugar, but I will be mindful of eating sweets instead of meals. I have been guilty of doing this is the past and it's not healthy. I will continue to have a dessert every day on the weekdays and what feels right on the weekends.
Right now the TV is showing some fighting, meaning that I have lost power of the remote. I shall intervene. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
One Healthy Apple