Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Manly Salad

In our house, I am the master of all nutritional decisions. Yes, we have some situations in which the future Mr. eats ridiculously unhealthy foods, but everything is in moderation. In the most un-Betty Croker way, I enjoy making lunches and since I am packing mine, why not pack both? Plus I love knowing that my guy is getting something healthy.

Since Mike works out hard 3-4 times a week and he outweighs me by over 60 pounds, we have very different nutritional needs. I present to you "The Man Salad". This salad packs a big protein punch and is filling enough to keep a growing boy fed during the day.








Here are the ingredients:
*3 cups organic mixed greens
*chopped cucumber
*cilantro
*1/4 cup shredded cheese
*hardboiled egg
*5-6 oz roasted chicken
*avocado slices
*sliced almonds

I am going to have Mike try this peanut sauce as dressing. I usually add the dressing in the morning since I don't like the concept of mushy salad at all, and Mike can handle about 4 hours of dressing mush no problem.

There are no special ingredients, but I would say that if you are trying to get your guy to eat healthy, use recognizable, wholesome, familiar ingredients in a way that make it a little healthier and don't skimp on the healthy fats and proteins.

I'm hoping for a guest post and review from my taste tester soon!

Hope you have a wonderful Monday!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I love that salad!!!