I'm back from Dallas and glad to be home. After getting 10 hours of sleep last night and having brunch with my fam (Hi Elena and Stan!!), we went to Costco and I came home to reunite with my love- my kitchen (and of course the husband)!
I made two random dishes that were approved by my royal taste tester and wanted to share them with you!
Cashew Sesame Lemon ChickenIngredients:
- 1 Lemon- Use one half to juice, the other half to cut up later
- 5-6 Chicken organic breasts or lean thighs (we found organic chicken at Costco)
- 3 Tbsp cashews- crushed (use your fingers, it's fun!)
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2. As you are browning the chicken, squeeze out the juice of one large lemon.
3. Transfer the chicken to a non-stick baking pan and sprinkle the chicken with cashews and sesame seeds
4. Cut up the other half of the lemon and top the chicken
5. Bake the chicken at about 380 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until done
6. Give them to your taste tester to make sure they are fully cooked and enjoy!
I also made an old recipe, but with a new twist. Stuffed mushrooms can quickly go from a healthy concept to a diet DON'T. I decided to make a small portion to go along with the chicken:
Stuffed Mushrooms- My Way
- Desired amount of mushrooms- I believe I used portabell mushrooms, 'unstuffed' and cleaned
- 2 Tbsp goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried cranberries
2. Remove from oven and add goat cheese and dried cranberry mixture
3. Place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes to get melty and a little more toasted
4. Remove from oven and enjoy
I'll be back tomorrow with regular posting. I'll leave you with a couple of other cool finds from Costco (my version of food porn):
Mini Bell Peppers
Mini Pears (I roasted them)
Ciao, Bellas and Fellas!