Monday, August 2, 2010

Indian Pizza and Yoga

Tonight after yoga all I had on my mind was the whole wheat pizza crust I bought at Trader Joe's this past weekend.  I was also eager to use my new secret ingredient- I'm pretty sure this is new and it's awesome!
This masala lentil dip is like taking Indian food home with you minus the experience of waiting for the food to come to your table and then devouring too much of it along with the fried bread that comes with it.  Or maybe it's just me.  Anyways, pizza it was!

Indian Pizza:
-Heat up some peas, eggplant, artichoke hearts, and spinach in a pan in some water with salt and pepper to soften it up and to make the pizza process quicker.
-Prepare and pre-bake the crust at 350 degrees in the oven for 10 minutes
-Top crust with 1 Tbsp masala lentil dip and then add fresh basil, peas, eggplant, artichoke hearts, and spinach. Sprinkle with chili powder.
-Bake for another 10 minutes
Devour
You have to eat it with a fork because if you are like me, you have overdone it with the toppings.  I overdo everything and had way too many toppings!

While I was making my selfish pizza, I also made husband some cheesy tomato, chicken, carmelized onion, artichoke and eggplant pizza.
The secret ingredient was pesto and clearly I need help on my pizza flipping/shaping skills!

Yoga Class Review- Sculptworks
I've been getting much more than a stretch at my yoga studio.  One of my favorite classes so far is Sculptworks, a class that combines strength training, dance-inspired stretching, pilates, yoga, and interval training.  We use a yoga wall that is used to hold resistance bands and the 55 minute class takes us through upper body and lower body strength including shoulders, bis, tris, back squats, lunges, and even mountain climbers.  There are ab exercises as well, but the instructors emphasize that if the abs are properly engaged, you will do abs all through the class.  I can agree to that since it hurts to sneeze the next day.
I have done this class twice so far and LOVED it!  The 55 minute class goes by so quickly that you don't even have time to look at the clock.  I like how the instructors check each students' form and correct it if they see something wrong.  I also loved the calming but upbeat music and can't wait to do the class again!


6 comments:

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I would totally overdo it on toppings too! I have never had Indian pizza before, but I guarantee I would LOVE it.

Katie ♥ said...

This looks awesome! I want to try that trader joes topping, but boooo I have no trader joes near me now : p

Thanks for the congrats girl, no celebrity, lol, you are too cute!

Love u and hope your week is great!

Glad you are loving yoga!!!

Mo Diva said...

what an artistic look crust LOL

Just kidding.
Those pizzas sound wonderful! I havnet made my curry chicken pizza in ages!

Mari said...

whenever I come to your blog, I want to run to TJ's!

I love that you are turning into a Yogi!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

I haven't seen that masala dip! I need to go to TJ's asap!

Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.