Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thrown Together and ABCs

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes!  I felt like such a lucky girl with all the attention.  I mean, I asked for it (who else is vain enough to post her own birthday?!) but I was still all warm and fuzzy with your sweet words.  So thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Because I've only got one less than awesome meal to share with you and I'm also trying to get back to normal eating while my tastebuds feel broken., I'm sharing my ABCs.  Because at 27, I feel wise enough to form opinions on web questionnaires. 


A. Age: 27
B. Bed size: Queen
C. Chore you dislike: I hate chores (as evidenced by the current state of our home) but I particularly hate dusting and mopping and sweeping
D. Dogs: My sweet, sweet boy Chino

E. Essential start to your day: roll over and pretend I'm asleep.  Then I come downstairs, play with the doggie, make breakfast, and try to rush out the door.
F. Favorite color: Green, turquoise, and pink.  But to wear- black, always black.
G. Gold or silver: Silver...but if we are really talking jewels then white gold or palladium:)
H. Height: 5’4″. I believe that is the average height of women in the U S and A.  Just tall enough to be too tall for petite clothes
I. Instruments you play(ed): None.  I don't have much musical talent but always wanted to play the piano
J. Job title: Program Manager.  The only thing I manage is myself though, kinda.
K. Kids: None right now.  Only a furry child.
L. Live: Suburb of San Francisco.  I love our city. Love it.
(this is the view from the trail about 2 minutes from our home)

M. Mom’s name: Tania
N. Nicknames: Lena, Lenachka (both of these are Russian nicknames), Homie, Lainy, Mother, and other names my husband calls me that would probably get us both institutionalized if mentioned in public
O. Overnight hospital stays: None that I know of
P. Pet peeve: loud chewing, people who talk without thinking, lack of self-awareness, poor grammar
Q. Quote from a movie: "I would just like to say that physical education in this school is a disgrace. I mean, standing in line for forty minutes is hardly aerobically effective. I doubt I've worked off the calories in a stick of Carefree gum." (Clueless)
(source)
R. Righty or Lefty: Righty!
S. Siblings: Older brother- a mere 9 years between us ;)
T. Time you wake up: 7:00 am most days
U. Underwear: yes?
V. Vegetables you don’t like: I like most of them and can't think of one I despise.
W. What makes you run late: Blow drying and flat ironing my 'do, choosing last minute outfits, and assuming it takes less time to get places than it really does.
X. X-Rays you’ve had: Dental and knee x-rays.
Y. Yummy food you make: brownies, salads, stir fry of all kinds, chicken thighs, french toast, and other foods that I make while cleaning out my fridge
Z. Zoo animal favorite: I love penguins. Love them.

Speaking of cleaning out my fridge, my lunch today was the remainder of a frozen bag of veggies, a Trader Joe's Masala veggie burger, and some goat cheese I had in my work fridge.  I microwaved it for 4 minutes, added the goat cheese, and lunch was served!

I hope you are enjoying your week! 

Question for you: Tell me a fun trivia fact about yourself.