Monday, January 12, 2009

I would walk 500 miles

Remember that silly song that would get stuck in your head from the early 90s? That is how I sum up my evening!


We are having unseasonably warm weather here. It was in the 70s and I was aching to play in the sunshine but had to stay inside to work. My day was super busy from the moment I got in and before I knew it, it was already 3:30. We got a notice that our server was going down and 4:30 and since I am useless without an internet connection, it was time to go home!

Sorry, I'm still not good at taking pictures. I had all good intentions by bringing my camera, but just didn't have the time. Always next time, right? Here were a few highlights of today's eats:

  • One of my mom's home-baked walnut raisin bars
  • A plethora of veggies for dinner
  • Trader Joe's raspberry chocolate tart-sooooo good!
Walk!
My fiance and I have been talking evening walks lately- you know, how they recommend old people should to get in some activity? We walked for 2 hours and 10 minutes, covering the trails in our area. The sky was so beautiful and filled with stars. While he stopped to run a quick errand, I used the surroundings and did a 'school workout' which included running up staircases and then running around the block. I kept my watch on the whole time and it clocked in a burn at 580 calories- this is a crazy high rate, but perhaps it's feasible. Do you find your watch is pretty accurate? Sometimes I wear my monitor for random physical activities just to test it.

No comments: