Friday, December 30, 2011

19 Weeks and Our Year in Review

Happy New Year guys!  Before I do my weekly recap, I would also like to look back on 2011.  This year was fantastic and brought so much joy and excitement.  As I look back on 2011, I'm grateful and hopeful for the next year.  Thank you for reading along and for being an important part of my life!

January: We kicked off 2011 in Australia and New Zealand.  I have never seen nature this beautiful and inspiring.  We had an unforgettable trip and it was our last hurrah before we started even thinking about kids.

We also did a gluten-free and fun-food free detox.  It helped me kick my sugar habit and really step outside of my food rut.
February: I got the best birthday present in my entire life- we adopted our puppy son Chino!  I waited 27 years to get my first pet and he is perfect!

Our first picture together :)
March: We spent time getting to know our new family member
April: We took our first family vacation to Mendocino
May: I had a foot injury but kept moving with walking and even participated in my first race.
June: We went on a fabulous vacation to Mexico, including Mexico City and Cancun.


July: We began working on our kitchen project and had a blog meetup with Amanda and Andy too!

August: Our kitchen was completely demolished and we spent lots of time being creative with meals.  I have never had so many salads and wraps!
September: We celebrated 2 years as a married couple and continued to work on the kitchen.
We also found out that I was pregnant and we were going to be parents! 
October: I spent most of the month feeling hungover, but traveled for work, made a few recipes, and spent time with family in our almost completed kitchen.
November: We finished our kitchen and announced our big news.


December: More work and all baby, all the time!

Now onto 19 weeks:


How far along? 19 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 2 pounds up as of week 18- assuming I'm up another pound or so this week.  I've eaten well.  I can definitely tell a difference in growth for the last couple of weeks in the belly for sure.

Maternity clothes? Still don't fit into my maternity jeans- they are sagging in all the wrong places.  I am loving some longer tops with leggings and my sweater dresses.  I still love my yoga pants too!  I wore my regular lower rise jeans today and so far they still fit.  I do tend to go with looser fitting clothes in public and more form fitting at home.  I still feel funny letting the belly hang out.



Stretch marks? Applying my burt's bees body butter so far to try to prevent them. 

Sleep: I am sleeping well. My days of waking up on my back are numbered but it happens rarely.

Best moment this week: We had the entire week off and it was heavenly.  Hubby also went to yoga with me all week and we got to see family and show off my baby gut.

This week's comment of the week:
Nothing of note- people keep asking if I'm exited.  I am, but it seems like I've been pregnant for a while now and I'm more anxious than anything.  I also get a few comments on my lack of bump- none of them harmful, but it's interesting what people have to say.  The measurements were all on track during my appointment so I'm not worried about it.

Miss Anything? No champagne on New Year's Eve, but that's OK with me.

Movement: I felt some bubbles popping after eating Indian food and a few more again last night- I think it's starting!

Food cravings: Still eating regular food.  I am feeling a little hungrier, especially with increased activity levels, but nothing insane.  Except for the evening I needed to have some marinated mushrooms.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Getting too tired.



Sex: January 9th is the day! 

Symptoms: I have the dreaded swollen gums.  Flossing kinda looks like a crime scene.  I also have some shortness of breath doing things that would never make me tired before.  Otherwise, still feeling fantastic.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, happy, happy!

Looking forward to: the 'big' ultrasound on Jan 9th!

Exercise: Here is what the week looked like:
Sunday: 5.5 mile hike
Monday: Dog walks and yoga
Tuesday: Dog walk, yoga, and cardio at the gym
Wednesday: Dog walks and yoga
Thursday: yoga, and cardio at the gym
Friday: Rest day and dog walk
Saturday: Gym cardio, dog walk, and a fantastic yoga flow class


No comments: