Sunday, December 4, 2011

15 Weeks: Woke up this morning...

And got myself a bump (sung to the them of Sopranos).  I definitely changed over the last week and I can see a bump now.  It's still bigger at night, but I wake up and my stomach has looked different the last couple of days.  I think the baby is the size of an apple or an orange these days according to the scary mommy websites.




How far along? 15 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Up to my starting weight at 14 weeks so assuming I'll start gaining (hopefully slowly) from here on out.

Maternity clothes? Nope- still wearing all my normal clothes but think it's going to be time in a few weeks.  I'm not really interested in the band you wear that keeps your pants on and unbuttoned, so once it's time, I'll just go for it!

Stretch marks? Applying my burt's bees body butter so far to try to prevent them.  Nothing yet.

Sleep: I still love sleep and I'm getting better at sleeping on my side.

Best moment this week: We had a nice dinner with friends on Saturday night and Chino got to meet a baby for the first time with us.  He was so sweet, curious, and gentle, it calmed my crazy nerves and I really hope he is going to like being a big brother.  I also told work, which was a huge relief.  

I am already starting to get a few doozies (all from work) when talking about the news.  Boy oh boy do people say the most charming things:

1. I announce the news and a coworker looks me up and down and says 'oh yeah, I can totally tell'
2. Upon announcing the news: 'OMG, is that a good or a bad thing?!'
3. Another helpful comment: 'You better sleep now'

I mostly just stared for a few minutes once I heard each question or comment.  I hear it gets much, much more interesting from here on out.

Miss Anything? Nope.  Life is grand.

Movement: Nope

Food cravings: Still nothing crazy.  As long as I get fed before I'm too hungry, life is grand.  I have been having a morning and afternoon snack both days (I talked about how my eating has changed here) and eating like normal for the most part.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.  I have felt fantastic.

Sex: Still won't know for 5ish more weeks.

Symptoms: Feeling great for the most part with a little bit of lower back and hip pain.  I'm managing it with yoga and it seems to be on and off for now.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy.

Looking forward to: I get a week off for the holidays and that will be pretty sweet.

Exercise: Still doing well with exercise.  I logged 2 gym cardio/strength workouts, 3 yoga sessions (2 podcasts and 1 class at the studio) and daily walking with the wrinkly child.  Wednesday ended up being a rest day because my back was particularly bad, but otherwise I'm feeling great and happy with how active I have been so far (knock on wood).

Want to see my back posts written from when I was hiding the news? Here they are:

13 weeks
12 weeks
11 weeks
9 weeks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww what a cute bump!! It's so exciting!

Biz said...

People say the stupidest things sometimes - really, "good or bad thing?!"

I hated red meat when I was pregnant, I loved Chinese food. My daughter is 19 and she hates red meat and loves Chinese food - she blames me for not introducing red meat to her while I was pregant as the reason she doesn't like it!